Today in class we looked at the Lorax - we will be talking about various issues that arise in the book - and discussing our response to them.
What was the land of the Lorax like before the Once-ler arrived?
- beautiful, peaceful, relaxing, lovely, happy
- beautiful, clean, populated, smog-less, exquisite, fresh, pure, nature-filled, fruity, fishy
- beautiful, paradise
- colourful, peaceful, loads of animals, sunny, heaps of trees, lots of fun
- beautiful and romantic; perfect; colourful trees; lots of growth
Did it seem like someplace you'd like to live?
- yes - wildlife, safe environment
- yes - because it was clean and fresh, and it seemed cleaner than 100% pure NZ
- yes definitely - because it’s a beautiful place
- yes - nice and peaceful and lovely; lots of things to do; trees look fun to climb
- yes - the trees are pretty and colourful and silky
- yes - really beautiful singing fish and environment
- yes - it looks cool and has trees and singing fish
- no - because of the singing fish every morning
What parts of your own environment would you be sad to see go?
- the park on Simpson Cres, our wildlife, our mountains, the beach
- grass, trees - they provide oxygen, entertainment, and shelter, Kapiti Island - it provides an area for native birds
- the trees
- Kapiti Island - nature reserve filled with birds; Otaihanga reserve; the clear sea at Pukerua Bay; Reikorangi animal park; Matthews Park
- Pohutukawa trees, kiwi, Kapiti Island
- rivers and seas - places to swim