Today (Tuesday) we looked at the Once-ler
What kind of person is the Once-ler?
- Greedy; wanting more of everything; loves money; selfish; disrespectful to nature; ignorant; careless; self-centred; bully;
- Greedy; selfish; disrespectful
- Rude, selfish, greedy, stupid, stubborn
- Mean, horrible, cruel, vicious
- Mean and selfish,
- Greedy man who will do anything for money; selfish, silly man with a ‘stupid’ idea
Why won't he listen to the Lorax?
- He’s ignorant; didn’t think what the Lorax had to say mattered; forgot what you need to live
- Thinks his business is better than the environment; he wants to be famous
- Because he is stubborn
- Because he wants money; wants to make his company bigger; he is selfish and only cares about what he wants
- He thinks money is better than nature; he thinks everybody needs Thneeds; if he doesn’t listen to the Lorax he will be rich; he wants more money;
- Because he wants a lot of money and won’t stop until he gets it
The Lorax says to the Once-ler, "You are crazy with greed." Why does the Lorax say that?
- Because he wants heaps of money, heaps of Thneeds, and wouldn’t listen
- Because he wants everything his way
- He said everyone needs a Thneed before he had even sold one
- Maybe because he was crazy for cutting the trees down; for not listening and cutting down the trees when he was told not to;
- Because he’s greedy; he’s chopping all the trees down to get rich;
- Because it’s more important to look after the environment than neglecting it for ‘pieces of paper’; the Lorax knows what will happen;
Do you agree or disagree?
- Agree: the place was a paradise; he ruined it
- Disagree: he wasn’t crazy with greed; he became crazy with greed - no one tried hard enough to stop him, it wasn’t just the Once-lers fault
- Disagree: he’s greedy not crazy
What do you think?